Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation plastic surgery, is a procedure designed to help individuals on their journey of gender transition by creating fuller and more feminine breasts. This surgery involves the placement of prosthetic silicone gel implants within the chest area, resulting in a more feminine breast appearance. As an accredited plastic surgeon with years of experience and an unwavering attention to detail, Dr. Veerle Rotsaert is dedicated to understanding the unique challenges and biological differences involved in cisgender and gender affirming breast augmentations. She offers this transformative procedure to individuals seeking to align their physical appearance with their true self and gender identity.
1. Pre-procedure Preparation: Before undergoing Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation with Dr Veerle Rotsaert, it is important to engage in thorough pre-procedure preparation. This includes scheduling a consultation with Dr Rotsaert to discuss your goals, expectations, and medical history. She will evaluate your overall health and assess your suitability for the procedure. Additionally, Dr Rotsaert will provide detailed instructions on preparing for the surgery, such as avoiding certain medications or supplements that may interfere with the procedure.
2. Risks and Potential Complications: As with any surgical procedure, Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation carries certain risks and potential complications. Dr Veerle Rotsaert will explain these to you during your consultation. These may include infection, bleeding, adverse reactions to anesthesia, scarring, implant-related issues, and changes in nipple or breast sensation. Dr Rotsaert will address your concerns, explain the steps taken to minimise risks, and provide guidance on how to manage potential complications.
3. Pre-procedure Instructions: Dr Veerle Rotsaert will provide specific pre-procedure instructions to ensure the best possible outcome for your Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation. These instructions may include refraining from smoking and avoiding certain medications or herbal supplements that can increase the risk of complications. Dr Rotsaert may also advise you to arrange for someone to accompany you to the surgical facility and assist you during the initial stages of recovery.
4. Preparing for Recovery: Preparing for the recovery period after Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation is crucial for a smooth healing process. Dr Veerle Rotsaert will guide you through the steps to take before the surgery to ensure you have a comfortable recovery. This may involve preparing your home environment, arranging for post-operative care, and understanding the timeline for returning to your regular activities. Dr Rotsaert will provide detailed post-operative instructions tailored to your specific needs, helping you achieve the best possible outcome.
5. Questions to Ask: When considering Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation with Dr Veerle Rotsaert, it is essential to ask the right questions to ensure you are well-informed and confident in your decision. Some important questions to consider include:
By discussing these questions with Dr Rotsaert, you can gain a deeper understanding of the procedure and make an informed decision about your gender affirming journey.
The Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation surgery is performed under general anesthesia. This means that you will be completely asleep during the procedure, ensuring your comfort and safety. However, it’s important to note that general anesthesia carries inherent risks. To minimise any potential complications, it is crucial that you provide a comprehensive medical history, including any existing conditions and medications, so that the anesthesia team can assess the suitability of the procedure for you.
On average, the Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation surgery takes approximately one to two hours to complete. However, the actual duration may vary depending on individual factors and the complexity of the procedure. During your consultation, we will discuss the estimated time required for your specific case.
After the Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation surgery, you will immediately notice a change in the appearance of your breasts. However, it is important to keep in mind that swelling, soreness, and a feeling of heaviness in the breasts are normal in the initial weeks of recovery. To support the healing process and ensure optimal results, you will be provided with a special recovery bra and, in some cases, an implant strap. These aids help keep the breast implants in place as they settle.
Over time, typically within a month to six weeks, you will observe a more natural appearance as the swelling subsides and the breast implants continue to settle. It is important to follow the post-operative instructions provided to you, including any recommended aftercare appointments, to ensure a smooth recovery and the best possible results. Remember, as I always say, “Results will only get better.”
The recovery period following Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation surgery varies from individual to individual. While you may be able to resume light activities within a few days, it is important to allow yourself ample time for healing and rest. Most patients can typically return to normal activities, including work and non-strenuous exercises, after approximately six weeks. However, it is important to listen to your body and follow the specific instructions provided by your surgeon to ensure a safe and successful recovery.
Like any surgical procedure, Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation does involve the possibility of scarring. However, every effort is made to minimise the appearance of scars and place incisions strategically. Incisions are usually made in inconspicuous areas, such as the natural creases beneath the breast or along the areolar border, to ensure that any resulting scars are discreet. Additionally, various techniques and suturing methods may be employed to promote optimal healing and minimise the visibility of scars. During your consultation, we can discuss scar management strategies in more detail to address any concerns you may have.
“I believe that Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation is not only about physical transformation but also about empowering individuals to align their physical appearance with their true selves and gender identity. It is a deeply personal and transformative journey, and I am honoured to be a part of it. My goal is to provide personalised care, addressing your unique needs, desires, and concerns throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to the final results.”
The recovery period for Gender Affirming/Transgender Breast Augmentation surgery varies from person to person. Generally, it takes approximately six weeks for most patients to fully recover. However, individual healing rates may differ. It is crucial to follow the post-operative instructions provided by your surgeon and attend any scheduled follow-up appointments for proper monitoring and guidance throughout your recovery.
Dr. Veerle is known for her meticulous approach and personalised treatment plans. She understands that each patient is unique, and takes the time to listen to their concerns and goals. With a deep understanding of the latest advancements in plastic surgery, Dr. Veerle utilises innovative techniques to achieve natural-looking and harmonious results.
Sign Up to receive 50% OFF your consultation with Dr. Veerle Rotsaert + surgical brochure today!